Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
However MLR Slate Roofing strives to ensure all our projects are complete by the estimated completion dates, weather permitting.
The duration of your roofing project depends on a number of factors. Firstly, the scale of your roofing project. The larger the roofing area the longer it takes to tile. Depending upon what type of slate you prefer there may be the need to factor in supply chain. The arrangement of materials, heritage reports, etc can also delay the start of your roofing project.
Actual roofing time on site could be anywhere from 2 weeks for a relatively small repair job, to several months on a larger roof.
The average is a few weeks on a new slate roof. Complex and/or heritage roofing projects typically take much longer.
When we provide your quote for your slate roofing project, we will give you an accurate estimate of all roofing timeframes.
Most of our work comes via referral. This says a lot about our quality and we focus on high quality materials, always.
MLR Slate Roofing has award-winning quality such as ‘Best Use Of Slate’ in NSW by the Roofing Industry Association NSW for the quality of our slate roofing workmanship.
This is a deposit at signing of the contract with progress invoices staged throughout the project:
– at the commencement of roof,
– mid-way through the project
– and a final claim to be paid once works are completed.
Payment schedules will come part of the programme of works and invoices are to be paid according to our trading terms which is available with our quotes.
- Public liability to A$10M
- Workers Compensation
Yes you will be completely covered by Home Warranty insurance. Also, MLR Slate Roofing offers a full 18 Year Warranty on all new slate roofs
- The slate you choose which is purchased per m2
- The size of your roof – the cost of the slate to cover it and the workmanship required to do the roofing, calculated per m2
- Other services (e.g. copper gutters etc)
- Any other materials and work such as timber structures or waterproofing/ flashing